Monday 1 February 2010

it has been too long.

Hullo, it's Jenna :)
I thought I may do a post on what influences what I wear. I was planning this post the other day and I'm almost positive that it won't be half as good as I imagined it would be but here we go anyway.
In all honesty inspiration can come in any form, with me it is often found in films and music. I am quite fascinated by stereotypes, scenes and movements.
For instance, for a rather long time I have been obsessed with 'mods'.
When I develop an obsession with something like that I tend to find out as much information as I can, so I buy the books, I watch the films and I listen to the music.

It probably sounds weird, I sound really quite sad but it's the type of thing that interests me.

So if I'm thinking about what I'm going to wear one day, I'll think about what some character in a film/book would wear. Then I'll think about what I loved from marc jacobs, viktor and rolf etc. Then I'll think about what whatever band would wear. So many other things come into it to, but I think it makes getting ready more fun.
Some people have one look that you can almost define them by but I'm not like that. It's more fun to experiment with loads of different styles and I'm young anyway so it is the best time to mess about with fashion.
I don't want to make the post too long and I'm going to finish with a quick list of films that have recently inspired me just because that's what I've found interesting recently.
  1. Awaydays
  2. An Education
  3. The Boat That Rocked
  4. Shallow Grave
  5. 500 Days of Summer
  6. Nowhere Boy
I'm not saying this because I think they're all really new and cool. Just because I watched them recently and really liked them.
I'll finish with a picture to make the post pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment